When we write it is such a loner exercise.
Not lonely – but all those quiet hours.
The silence… the lack of feedback or response or conversation.
It’s the perfect environment for an introvert – I often wonder how extroverts manage…
But then it all changes…
It’s like we suddenly jump out from the bushes yelling:.
“Ta-da! I’m here – look at me-ee!”
Well, finally the extroverts are in familiar territory…
But the introverts are dying….
Because not it’s only here I am… but while you’re at it… take a good long look inside my soul!
All those private musings are now made public..
It’s a dichotomy… and it is one of the reasons why we don’t take the next step to making the dream of a book a reality…
Why we never write that book that we are longing to..
- The extroverts are drained by the lack of external interaction and get caught up in the long hours of solo writing…
- The introverts are exhausted by the thought of putting themselves out there and stop at the publishing point…
How can we reconcile this?
Try these exercises:
Extroverts…. how can you embrace your inner introvert (yes – you have one!)
Journal prompts for extroverts:
- How will it feel when the world reads my message?
- What possibilities open for me when my book is published?
- In what ways does being alone support and enhance my creative process?
Affirmations for extroverts:
- Sacred solitude is the path to success
- I am grateful for the space for my creativity blossoms
- I choose to thrive when I am alone
Introverts…. how can you embrace your inner extrovert?
Journal prompts for introverts:
- How will it feel when I help someone with my message?
- What possibilities open up for me when my book is published?
- how can I remain centred in the presence of others?
Affirmations for introverts:
- Other people’s energy empowers me
- I choose to thrive in the presence of others
- I am available to accept success from the whole world
Time to take that next step?
You CAN do it!
Not only that – you must!!
We are waiting for your message!
Write like nobody’s watching
Kylie ‘extroverted introvert’ Ansett
P.S. If YOU want to write like nobody’s watching and need some no-nonsense mentoring – let’s take a turn around the dance floor – I promise I won’t bite